Tuesday 15 December 2009

Plasticine How-to

The song I have chosen is Frogs n Snails by The Lovers. In one of my design ideas I have thought about making plasticine snails to represent the French snails that they eat. I know how to make the basic snail shape but then I wanted to know how to make it more realistic and detailed so I started to research plasticine model making.



This video is how to make a slug and then turn it into a stop motion animation. I think this is useful as it shows how to create the basic slug or snail body and then all I need to do then is create the shell.

Also, in another design idea I've got, I am thinking of making a plasticine French model which has a piece of mime clothing- (black and white striped shirt) and a french painter style hat.
I then researched into the design process of how to make human plasticine figures and found this, which is from the same website as the video above.



This shows me how to make the basic structure of the human by using simple techniques and processes.

No comments:

Post a Comment