Sunday 13 December 2009

Plasticine Research

As most of my design ideas for Mark's project involve plasticine, I thought I would research into it more. I have a keen interest in claymation and enjoy watching animation shorts or films such as Wallace and Gromit and Morph. There is just something about the industry that really inspires me and gets me thinking of how they create their work and where they get their ideas from.

I have been looking on youtube at different plasticine animations and found these:









When creating the models, Aardman use different materials and techniques. The most important part of the creation of these models and animations are the initial ideas. They first create mindmaps of a specific theme or idea they have and then create thumbnail sketches and then storyboards.
After the initial design process they then start creating the models. The most important material when creating the models is plasticine. They sometimes create polystyrene blocks which they then cover with plasticine to create larger models. Another material Aardman use is animation wire which helps support the model and helps to give it flexibility and movement. In my next post I will have a couple of videos of how to make plasticine models.

No comments:

Post a Comment