Thursday 12 November 2009

Andy Watt

I like this image and its name 'Asbo Grannies'! I think it is trying to communicate that as a small number of teenagers can recieve ASBO's (Anti Social Behaviour Disorder), grannies can to! I think it is a humorous piece as you dont hear about grandma's having ASBO's. It shows them with coffee cups and burgers and them smoking and all wearing brightly coloured sunglasses, which some ASBO teenagers do actually do.


This image is called 'Coach'. It looks to me as if it is the Arsenal F.C. manager Arsene Wenger (Below the illustration). I like the detail and realism this image portrays as it represents Arsene Wenger very well. I think this is being communicated towards football fans and Arsenal F.C. fans. It might have been used in a football matchday programme or even in a newspaper.



Andy Watt creates humorous and acerbic illustrations. His eye for telling details combines with a jaundiced view of the world to result in richly provocative imagery. His work is both repulsive and compelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment